Long, curly hair styles are one of the sexiest looks a woman can have.
Curly hair is the most common hair type!
About 60 percent of the world's population has varying degrees of this hair type.
Curly hair is usually dry so it requires shampoos and conditioners that contain moisturizers.
It is also prone to damage and frizziness, feels coarse and brittle.
Curly hair has poor porosity.
Best Hair Care Products For Curly Hair
Gallery of Cute Curly Hairstyles (10 Photos):
Best Hair Curler to Create Beautiful Curls:
How to Cut Curly Hair
How to Care for Curly Hair
• Use a moisturizing shampoo.
• Do not scrub your hair too vigorously.
• Use a conditioner specially formulated for curls.
• Comb conditioner through your hair while you’re still in the shower. Then rinse.
• Use a mousse or gel designed specifically for curls. Rub the product into your hands to distribute evenly.
• Avoid using hairdryers. Let your hair air dry to minimize breakage.
• Never wrap your hair in a towel.
• Do not brush your curls, otherwise you'll end up with a frizzy mess.
• Finger comb your hair while it's still wet or use a wide-toothed comb.
• Try not to touch your hair too much.
• Don't wash hair every day. Wash once every 3 days.
• Wet hair with a leave-in conditioner on non-washing days.
• Do a treatment once a week.
• Avoid any products that contain alcohol, silicones and harsh, sulfate surfactants.
• Choose a hairstyle that is easy to maintain.
• Maintain your curly style every 4-8 weeks.
• Find a stylist who specializes in cutting curly hair.
How to Straighten Curly Hair
There are two ways of straightening curly hair: to get it professionally straightened or to blow dry it yourself at home.
To do it yourself:
1. Wash your hair;
2. Towel dry your hair;
3. Apply evenly throughout your hair a small amount of curl relaxer or straightening balm;
4. Comb through your hair with your fingers while drying it on a low setting;
5. Blow dry your hair until it is almost dry;
6. Section off your hair in three parts, two at the sides and one at the back. Clip the two sides up;
7. Select a small portion of the hair from the unclipped section;
8. Using a large round brush, roll the hair round the brush;
9. Pull the hair away from your head, holding the brush at the ends of the hair.
10. Stretch and straighten your hair as you go;
11. Blow-dry the hair down towards the brush on low heat, while continuing to pull the brush through the hair;
12. Always point the dryer down as you are blow-drying the hair;
13. Keep the tension consistent and evenly distribute heat;
14. Continue the same process section by section;
15. Rub between your hands finishing wax or polish;
16. Lightly rub your hands over your hair;
17. Do not apply too much;
18. Brush, comb, or style your hair in the style you want.
If you have wavy hair, you can emphasize your natural curl with styling tools.
1. Shampoo and condition;
2. Towel dry your hair;
3. Apply body builder volumizing mousse or gel;
4. Start at the roots using fingertips, then work through the rest of hair;
5. Comb hair to distribute evenly;
6. Blow dry;
7. Lift the hair away from the scalp, focusing the blow dryer at the roots;
8. Use your fingers to keep hair moving while drying;
9. Dry your hair in the opposite direction it normally lays; it helps to hold your head upside down.
10. Apply a little more body builder volumizing mousse or gel to the roots;
11. Section off dry hair with clips;
12. Use a round brush;
13. Pull each section of hair straight and roll it toward your chin;
14. Heat section with blow dryer for approximately 15 seconds;
15. Use cool setting to cool hair and unroll brush;
16. Repeat in all sections;
17. Mist a small amount of volumizing hairspray; or
18. Use a curling iron to add curl;
19. After releasing curling iron, let curls cool before brushing or finger-combing; or
20. Use large velcro or hot rollers to create additional volume;
21. Start at the top of your head;
22. Pull sections of hair straight up and roll straight down;
23. Mist curls with volumizing hairspray before removing rollers.
To set your style
1. Lift sections of hair;
2. Mist at the roots;
3. Allow spray to dry before releasing hair;
4. Flip head upside down and lightly spray all over to get fullness.
Best Products for Curly Hair
- Charles Worthington Dream Hair Voluptuous Curls Curl Defining Spray
- John Frieda Frizz-Ease Secret Weapon Flawless Finishing Creme
- Bumble and bumble Curl Conscious Conditioner for Fine to Medium Hair
- Alberto VO5 Extreme Style Curvaceous Curls Styling Mousse
- Redken Fresh Curls Curl Boost
- TIGI Catwalk Curls Rock Conditioner
- Aveda Be Curly Curl Enhancer
- TreSemme Flawless Curls Extra Hold Mousse
- Goldwell Dynamic Loop Curl Spray
- Conair Curl Fusion Ionic Styler
- Bumble and Bumble Curl Conscious Curl Creme
- Dove Therapy Frizz Control Taming Cream