What causes frizzy hair? It is mostly due to a moisture deficiency! 90% of people suffer with frizzy hair because their hair lacks water!
For hair to be in good condition it must have a moisture content of at least 8%.
Chemical treatments (if your hair is permed, bleached or colored) will deplete the hair of moisture, bringing the hair moisture level to as low as 2%.
Naturally curly as well as coarse hair is usually frizzy. Excessive blow drying and use of "mousse" products can also cause this problem.
Best Products For Frizzy Hair, 8 Photos:
Controlling Frizzy Hair:
Frizzy Hair Tips
Controlling frizzy hair is not always easy to do. However, there are good solutions and remedies and they do not include spending a lot of money on hair care products.
How to Get Rid of Frizzy Hair:
• Deep-condition your hair once a week:
1. Apply the conditioner on your hair;
2. Wrap your hair in a towel for about 10-15 minutes;
3. Rinse the conditioner out;
4. Wrap your hair in a towel for several minutes;
5. Put on some mousse;
6. Let air dry;
7. Don't run your fingers or a comb through your hair until it's completely dry.
• Don't wash your hair every day. But when you do:
1. Wash your hair concentrating on the scalp; use shampoo for frizzy hair;
2. Rinse and apply conditioner;
3. Leave it in for a few minutes;
4. Rinse with cool water;
5. Gently squeeze out excess moisture with a towel. Do not rub!
6. Comb your hair gently with a wide-tooth comb;
7. While hair is wet, apply silicone gel, cream, or serum;
8 .Blow dry. Use a nozzle on your dryer to direct the heat down the hair shaft;
9. Use a round natural-bristle brush after your hair is partially dried;
10. Be sure to dry your hair completely;
11. During the day, don't brush your hair.
Other Remedies, Solutions and Treatments to Stop Frizzy Hair:
• Use hydrating shampoos and leave-in conditioners every second day.
• Get your hair trimmed every 6 to 8 weeks.
• Apply a no-frizz product before styling.
• Apply Moisture Block. It is a product that locks in the essential moisture.
• Don’t sleep on wet hair.
• Use a gel wax when styling your hair; everything which makes the hair heavier is good.
• Use a frizzy hair product (frizz-control serum) for midday touch-ups.
• Avoid heat-based styling.
• Stay away from styling products with high alcohol content in.
• Do not touch your hair while it's drying.
Hairstyles for Frizzy Hair
First of all, avoid short haircuts. They will just accentuate the frizz. You should also avoid hairstyles with too many layers. Never get a blunt cut, because it will make it extremely poofy towards the bottom.
Instead, let your hair grow long and it will become more defined and less frizzy with the weight.
You can pull your hair in a half pony (half up and half down) and then take your hair and put it in a bun, with some hair falling down.
Try medium haircuts with side swept bangs, and light layers just below your chin.
Home Remedies for Frizzy Hair
- Warm up one cup of olive oil. Apply it throughout all of your hair, distribute it evenly. Cover your head with a shower cap and wrap a hot towel around it. Do this once a week. For many people, olive oil is the most effective home remedy available.
- Mix equal amounts of apple vinegar and water. Rinse you hair after conditioning.
- Mix mayonnaise and an egg. Massage the mixture throughout your hair, and leave it for about 20 minutes. Rinse your hair thoroughly. Do this once a week.
Good Frizzy Hair Products
- John Frieda Frizz-Ease
- Garnier Fructis Intense Anti-Frizz Serum
- Frederic Fekkai Coiff Perfecteur Anti-Frizz Silkening Creme
- TRESemme Anti-Frizz Secret Smoothing Creme
- L'Oreal Studio Anti-Frizz Gel